Just for You
All students in the Electrical Engineering Technology program must have a minimum grade of C- in the following courses: ELT 141, 142, 161, 261 and CMT 171, 190.
Please note: If you wish to pursue a B.S.E.E. degree in electrical or computer engineering, you should consult with an advisor.
This program is accredited by Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (TAC of ABET), 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 Telephone: (410) 347-7700.
1. Students intending to pursue a 4-year ELT degree should take MAT 143 and MAT 161. Other variations are also acceptable based upon advisor approval.
2. Students should consult with advisor to select courses from: CMT 292, ELT 201, ELT 215, ELT 221, ELT 222, ELT 285, ELT 289 and MET 270.
3. Any 3 or 4 credit course that reasonably contributes to the student’s career goal. CMT, ELT, MET, NET, CIS or CSC (programming language) recommended. Other options are also available based upon advisor approval.
4. Students intending to pursue a 4-year ELT degree should take CHE 171 or PHY 103. Students who have completed calculus can take PHY 105. PHY 101 cannot be used since the SUNY Gen. Ed.
Natural Science elective must also be a Liberal Art.
5. PHI 120 is strongly recommended.
6. HEA 106, HFA 204, HFA 215, HUM 270, or PEH are recommended.