Applying for Financial Aid
Need Help? Call (315) 498-2000
Do not wait until you have been accepted to apply for financial aid. The process can take 6-8 weeks so plan ahead and do it as soon after January 1 as possible.
1. Gather your Financial Records
- State & Federal Tax info, returns & W-2's
- Records of untaxed income (e.g. Social Security benefits, public assistance, and veterans' benefits)
- Information on savings, investments, business and farm assets
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need your Alien Registration Number
Your financial aid is based on the prior year's income and earnings.
2. Complete the FAFSA
using College Code # 002875
You can file the FAFSA as early as January 1 of each year.
3. Apply for TAP
using College Code # 2185
4. Also consider applying for other forms of financial aid...
5. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy
This report is provided by the federal government
Contact FAFSA right away if you find any errors.
The College will indicate in WebAccess if more information is needed to process your application.
7. Review your Award Letter
You will receive your letter in the mail and online in WebAccess. If it has been more than four weeks since receiving your SAR and you have not heard from Financial Aid please contact us
8. Compare your financial aid awarded with amount owed
If the aid you are awarded does not cover what you owe you need to plan accordingly. Learn more about how to take out a student loan.