The Content Tutoring Center provides comprehensive, coordinated, subject-specific tutoring to students in need of tutorial support. Individual and small-group tutoring is offered by carefully selected, trained and supervised tutors for a variety of courses:
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Health Sciences
- Physical Science
- Social Sciences
After-hours tutorial support is also offered by the Content Tutoring Center using the College's online course management system, Angel. Tutors post research information for their students to review and answer questions that students have emailed them.
On average, 83% of the students who utilize the Center on a regular basis (5 or more times) receive a final grade of A through C. Since the fall of 1994, the Center has provided tutorial support for more than 11,500 students.
Students using tutoring services are asked to help evaluate the Center at the end of each semester. Ninety-eight percent of students found that the Center provided an excellent service; that tutors were knowledgeable in their subject material and were able to explain the material clearly, and that they were enthusiastic and able to relate to students and their needs.
Here's what some student say about the Content Tutoring Center and its tutors:
- "Tutoring Makes The Grade"
- "Excellent program - the individual attention was so helpful"
- "Very supportive"
- "Increases confidence"
- "Without the Center I would have dropped the course."
- "Helped me raise my grade!"
- "What was once unclear to me, is now very clear"
- "Reduces anxiety; which makes learning easier"
- "A very positive environment"