Modern Languages Department
Student Support Services
The Modern Languages Department provides a variety of support services to our students:
- All full-time faculty members offer drop-in faculty assistance during office hours.
- Tutors are available during scheduled time in the Language Lab in Mawhinney Room M110. See tutor schedule.
- An outline of Study habits for success in modern language courses is posted on the Department web page.
- There are links on faculty web sites to publisher's web pages and practice quizzes.
- Course syllabi list web pages with text-specific exercises and other useful resources.
- A transitional course in Spanish reviews material presented in high school and prepares students for intermediate level study.
- The Department web page has links to professional language associations that provide information about world languages and career opportunities in the field.
Why study a World Language?
Because the study of a world language improves your…
- Critical thinking ability
- Understanding of today's global world
- Your language skills, even English!
- Job opportunities
- Travel experiences abroad
- Opportunities to make new friends
What does it take to learn a Language?
Learning a world language is an investment in your future that requires:
- An open mind
The Modern Languages Department sponsors one club: