Modern Languages Courses
Courses offered by the Modern Languages Department
- are taken by:
- high school students seeking to enrich their education
- students matriculated in a degree program
- individuals seeking teacher certification
- professionals who need language skills in the work place
- retirees who plan to travel or want to travel vicariously;
- are taught by instructors with extensive teaching experience who are fluent in the language and knowledgeable of the culture taught;
- are offered from 8:00 in the morning until 10:00 at night. Persons not matriculated for a degree are encouraged to take a course during the lunch hour, after work, or during leisure time.
At OCC, students of modern languages are continually encouraged to contrast the target language and culture with their own. Accordingly, they develop the critical –thinking skills and broader perspectives required by employers who want to succeed in today’s global society.
NOTE: Students who wish to continue learning a language studied in high school should see the Placement Policy.
American Sign Language Courses
Literature, Culture + Civilization